KOALA LIGHTS is committed to the environmentally sustainable disposal and recycling of all lighting waste, and we encourage and work with our customers to do the same.
KOALA LIGHTS is a signatory Supplier & Collector Facilitator to the Lighting Council of Australia initiative – FluoroCycle.
FluoroCycle is a voluntary product stewardship scheme that seeks to increase the national recycling rate of waste mercury-containing lamps. Lamp recycling helps reduce the amount of mercury entering the environment.
As a Facilitator we commit to:
· Recycle all waste mercury-containing lamps at our nominated sites.
· Have a requirement in relevant contracts for all waste mercury-containing lamps to be recycled.
· Promote the FluoroCycle scheme and lamp recycling to our clients and networks.
· Adhere to the FluoroCycle Guidelines and Signatory Guide to FluoroCycle Branding.
· Maintain adequate and suitable occupational health and safety policies that apply to the safe handling, collection, and transport of mercury-containing lamps.
· Provide induction and training of staff necessary to ensure adherence to this commitment.
· Cooperate with random and/or risk-based audits or surveys.
· Submit an annual statement of compliance each year.
Further details about FluoroCycle can be found at:
Recycling Collection - Lights
To further demonstrate our commitment to lamp & light recycling, we offer a lamp recycling collection service (from your premises) or drop-off (to our branches) dependent on the location and quantity of lamps to be collected for recycling.
Call our Sydney (02 9552 1212) or Brisbane (07 3252 2348) Branch teams to discuss your lighting waste Recycling requirements, how it works and what the costs are.
Recycling Certificates - Lights
Once a Recycling collection is completed and invoiced, we issue a “Recycling Certificate”.
This assists our customers in meeting sustainability requirements and winning important tenders. It may also assist in meeting certification and environmental policy targets for your building - business or organisation.